Wednesday, June 16, 2010

falling is like this

I don't quite know why I chose this name for this journal, this collection of thoughts. I refuse to yet call it a blog because I'm not even quite sure I'll ever share it with anyone.

It's the title of a favorite old song that has something to do with falling in love. I'm not falling in love, but maybe I am falling toward a life I want. There has been a lot of change...but more on that later.

I am trying to figure out how to create a life of meaning and of purpose. Of achievement and truly giving back after I have been so blessed. I turned away from the arts for a long time after years of disappointment and disillusionment. A recent encounter, however, and a 180-degree career change maybe makes me think I can't live without them though. What's a girl to do?

I'm ashamed that I recently called myself uncreative. Making is not the only form of creativity, and I know that I bring it creativity in perspective, problem-solving, and idea-generation to many areas of my life. I do love the makers, though; I love to be around those who are inspired to create in that way (though there is a special ring of hell for some artists). I suppose, ultimately, it's that I love to be around those that are inspired.

So where does this leave me? Where and how do I meld business and the creative industries? How can beauty--and moreover, offering others beauty and meaning--be part of my life? That is a purpose-filled life for me. Now I just have to learn how to make it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment