Wednesday, June 23, 2010

what i want

Now, on the heels of that creepy post about my unidentified TBD future lover...

On my date/non-date the other night, I asked my dinner partner, what did he want in life (I know, light questions for a first evening--WAY TO GO, R). I sort of saved face by admitting I'm not sure I know what I want either, but then, you know what? I started thinking about it and I do know:

1) A career that challenges me, but most importantly, that I believe in and am inspired by. An opportunity to lead, influence, inspire others, and make a positive impact in this world.
2) A web of people who support me and inspire me personally and professionally, but that most importantly make me laugh, yelp, dance, and let loose.
3) A true partnership with a spouse in which we both are better (or mostly better) people from being around one another. A partnership where I feel completely safe so that I can continue to take risks (and be inspired to do so) and push myself and those around me to exceed my own expectations and boundaries.
4) The means to give back and to create a life of purpose and richness of character and to be able to afford to offer my children the opportunities I had (travel, living abroad, good schools, a lovely home).

This may be too much to ask, but it's good to have goals.

Maybe that's just what we all want...

No comments:

Post a Comment