Sunday, August 8, 2010

directional signs

I've read the paper newspaper the last two mornings, sitting in the lovely restaurant at the W.

I scan the front page, and then immediately gravitate towards the arts sections.

I always did this when I was younger, much to my father's chagrin. He wanted me to read the whole paper, especially the front sections. And while I do care to know what's going on (usually, sometimes it's nice just to ostrich), I just gravitate toward the content in the arts. I start flipping through the sections and it's almost unconscious, the content just pulls me in and I read the whole section first.

The other section I grab now and read front to end: business. The unconscious selective mind seems to think it's pretty clear--I'm heading in the right direction here.

1 comment:

  1. Dad never made me read the newspaper. I think he loves you more.

    ReplyDelete