Monday, August 16, 2010

a silent week

It's been a week I've last written. It was a busy busy week, wrapping things up in LA, and I think I chose action over reflection this week.

Reflections on the way home felt too gut emotional to even begin to write about. The hard stop at the end of the sprint. Bon Iver on the headphones, watching the sun shine and set over the cumulus clouds, face to the wall to hide unexplainable tears. Yet another thing ending, the time in LA.

Sunday evenings breed wistful nostalgia; Sunday evening dinners would combat this: end your week with a sink full of dishes but the embrace of those you love.

New York for the next two weeks. Maybe what they say is right: I am too coastal for this town--they keep sending me to the coasts!

This is making me really happy tonight: http://www.todaysletters.com/. Amazing. 

1 comment:

  1. so so glad these could bring you joy! three fist pumps and a leg shimmy for you and all of the amazing work you have done this summer, ms. conrad-bradshaw :)

    ReplyDelete