Tuesday, November 9, 2010

lessons from today

Break-down: an expectation not being realized; an opportunity for growth.

Over the past months, I developed the following practice, especially in interactions with others. I've written about it here before:

1) spend the time to know what you want
2) ask for it without fear or reservation (or work for it)
3) put expectations on hold as much as possible
4) hope for the best
5) prepare for the worst

Of course 3 is impossible, but it does help to remind oneself. Then when those break-downs occur, it can be better managed and more mindful, hopefully even more of an opportunity for growth.

Interestingly, many of my recent break downs, and those I've seen or observed with my friends, have been internal or at least internally dealt with. Part of the process of personal growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment