Monday, July 5, 2010

home

Independence day: hike, brunch, Griffith Park, sucking spicy crawfish, country music, murdered cars, fireworks (on TV--not ideal), good friends, good laughs, good day, good to be a citizen of this country--I think I like you LA.

"Welcome home" from the W staff reminded me of one of my favorite songs of the year and made me think about home, of which I have none--or multiple--right now.



Ahh home. Let me go home.
Home is whenever I'm with you.
Ahh home. Let me go home.
Home is when I'm alone with you.
That last line is clutch, even better than the second--when you find it, make it your own.

Feeling nostalgic for so many things tonight, home, wherever that may be, primary.

[note: I watched a number of performances before posting this one. They are all unique and often quite amazing. She is fantastic, so adorable--she dances exactly how I want to dance to this song. The one posted above is an early performance; I also love this one--look how much they bring even when no one's watching (radio show). Also interesting, they alter the last line of the song in later performances (above lyrics are recorded version): "home, you are me and I am you." I like the first better.]

[note 2: The original meaning of nostalgia: nostos=homecoming; algos=grief, pain, distress. Created in the 17th century to express the German heimweh. The pain of longing for home. Literally, homesickness.]

No comments:

Post a Comment