Tuesday, July 6, 2010

one of the lucky ones

I can't help but share this email from my father.  
Hi Rys,

Thanks for sharing and including us. This quite an undertaking, full of insight, questions, introspection, personal takes, and interesting observations. It took quite a while to get to the end, sort of going down a Rya rabbit hole. A fascinating and pleasant journey. I was particularly taken by 'competitive advantage' and your discussion of creativity (I have thought a lot about that one as well and could share some of my own experiences with that). I'm a terrible story teller too, but a pretty good analyst (which has held me in good stead).

Much love to you as you continue your life dance with the world. I'm happy to be in love with you everyday.
love,
dad
I have had many a conversation about my relationship with my father. He was the primary parent when we were growing up and it was my relationship with him that I think inspired my comfort in the world, ease and trust of the opposite sex, and confidence to be both serious and silly. As I've gotten older, my relationship with him has changed (my relationship with my mother has also changed--we've become close almost as peers--it's wonderful, but a post for another day), but I am still, through and through, a daddy's girl. He cheered me on at soccer games (and coached the team), read countless papers, helped me through all my mercurial back and forths, and has always always given me unconditional love, support, and unfiltered feedback. I am one of the lucky ones.

[Thank you for all of your support and love, inner circle. It's nice to have you here.]

1 comment:

  1. your dad rules. pure and simple. done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete